Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Ribbon and Pearls Necklace - a DIY


 
 
Hello  guys!
 
I just finished my new collection of textile jewelry and I am sharing one of the pieces for which while working I took some photos and created this short photo tutorial so you can enjoy making it too.
 
What you need:
 
1. Decorative braid (ribbon) and a velvet ribbon (this is optional - you can use whatever type of ribbon / braids/ cords you like). The length is optional too - mine are 23.6" or 60 cm each.
2. Organza strip - (optional too) about 7.9" or 20 cm. 
3. Pearls - I used two colors a total of 66 (23 of each color) for the strands, plus 3 more for the rose.
 
Let's start:
1. Gather your supplies
2. Place the ribbons side by side and pin the organza strip over them
3. Roll it and when satisfied with the roll, pin it to the other side.
4. String your pearls. Explained in 5.




5 - 7: Insert sewing needle at one side, make  a tight / strong knot (or sew a couple of stitches to make it strong), then string the pearls, roll the strings around the strip and sew on the other side. Repeat for the second string.
8. To hide the stitching tie an organza bow at the joints.

 
To add a bit of a charm, make an organza rose and sew it over the bow. And you are good to go.
 
I hope you like this. It is pretty easy and fast to make and it can be a charming last minute gift.

 

10 comments:

Kim said...

This necklace is so pretty and sweet, Maya. Thank you for the "how to"....I just might fashion one of these pretties.

Divya N said...

Its a sweet beautiful necklace and reminds me of the Ethereal theme that Stringing jewelry magazine has for their winter 17 issue

Maya Kuzman said...

I am glad you like it Kim. Thank you so much!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Divya!

Alhana said...

This necklace reminds me of Flapper girls fashion in the Roaring Twenties. Your tutorial is very easy to follow, thanks for sharing!

myrica said...

So beautiful necklace you have done, and i like the pink ribbon and pearls
I wish you a Sunni day

Maya Kuzman said...

Indeed it does! I didn't see it as that, but do now as you mentioned it.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear Myrica!

JES said...

Just darling! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!