Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Trending in Fashion: Velvet




 
I have been hopelessly in love with velvet ever since my mom cut out an evening velvet dress of hers to make me a skirt.

 
Then, in the '90s I had a velvet vest which I made myself using a Burda pattern and it had two of (again) mom's silvery, vintage buttons which I mostly  wore with turtlenecks and jeans - until it started showing severe marks of wear and tear. Throughout the years I have had velvet dresses and skirts mostly and only one jacket.



So when the trends were announced for this fall and winter, boy was I happy to learn velvet is going to reign again. The fabric carries that highly defined royal essence in itself that makes the clothes classy, elegant and dignified.


How do you feel about velvet?

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I love velvet! So tactile.

Divya N said...

I love velvet too. I remember having a silk velvet frock as a kid and then a velvet skirt with a long slit as a teenager. Now that it is back in trend, I would love to have something in velvet once again

Maya Kuzman said...

Another velvet lover :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Me too. A new dress or a jacket would be just the thing right now :)

Kim said...

I too, am hopelessly in love with velvet. It is so wonderfully tactile....plush and deliciously soft. I don't think it is ever out of style is it....at least not with me. =)

Maya Kuzman said...

My thoughts exactly. One of the wonderfully everlasting, ageless fabrics!