Tuesday, July 11, 2017

20 Facts About Me





Sweet Marjan of Atelier Marie-Lucienne tagged me in an "about me" game on instagram, and opposite to my first reaction in playing online games to pass it on - I actually decided to play on. It was nice to bring some freshness into a routine filled day.

So, hopefully I am not going to bore you to death with this. At the same time, a warm welcome to my new followers, and if you were curious who's behind this blog, here's a little something:

1. I am a mom of 2 kids: Eva (16) & Jacob (11)
2. Cliché but true: married my high school love
3. I have a BA in English Language and Literature and besides working as an ESL teacher, I am also a certified court translator
4. As a kid I dreamed being an actress and a writer. It came true: I act in my classes and write for my blog 😝
5. I love languages: my second language at uni was Spanish. I speak 3 other languages fluently and stagger with 2 more.
6. Films and books are my addiction. I love horrors but not the ones where a guy chases them with an axe, but the subtle, tense ones that creep under your skin and make it crawl. Thrillers and actions too. This applies for books too.
7. I am an adrenaline junkie - but lately reason prevails ;/
I am a mom for crying out loud!
8. Paternal grandma was a masterful knitter / crocheter, maternal a professional seamstress - there I acquired my talents. No handwork is strange to me.
9. Travels are my passion. We'd love to visit Morocco (or Cappadocia) in the near future.
10. I have huge collections of postcards, Christmas cards and stamps.



11. In the past I corresponded with pen-pals from more than 50 countries. Sounds antique from this point of view and technological advances. Nonetheless, I'd still do it.  
12. I love to look for images in coffee mugs and clouds.
13. Harry Potter fan. Sad it wasn't written when I was a child - it would have been a magical childhood. But I got to enjoy my kids magical childhood watching (and reading) it.
14. I wish I was born near a sea. Crazy over swimming in crystal blue waters.
15. I've been making jewelry since elementary school, so this passion has sound foundations.
16. When I grow up I want to design kids clothes.
17. Favorite daily drinks: coffee and cranberry tea with a generous amount of ginger
18. Favorite colors: dusky rose and blue
19. Zodiac sign: Leo
20. Lost my dad when I was 23. Terribly miss him every. single. day.


 
 
There's a ton of other things I didn't say, but let's keep it this way. Maybe we have something in common? Thank you for reading!

17 comments:

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Being a leo you must have your birthday any time soon, haven't you? I wouldn't have minded becoming a teacher, but my parents had other plans with my life and that's why it's all a bit mixed up and complicated now. I'm not born near the sea but I've always been in love with the seaside and that's why I was so happy when my parents moved to a costal town, living right at the yacht harbour - I need my bit of seaside every once in a while or I get homesick. We've got blue in comon as a favourite colour - I've got it combined with green and lilac though (guess dusky rose would fit in well). And I did dream of becoming an actress and a writer too!
We do have a few things in comon! It was great to get to know you a little better!
Have a lovely day,
Marjan

Divya N said...

It was interesting to read about you. I loved what you said about a being and actor and a writer. I hope you get to design Kids clothes soon. A crochet line for kids maybe? Wouldn't that be a wonderful start?

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes Marjan. My birthday is on the 31st. It is a magic number let me tell you :l
I am so glad we have more than a couple of things in common. Kindred souls tend to find themselves in the vast universe.
You are so lucky to live near the sea. We have been dreaming about a sea house for quite a while now. We never stop dreaming.
Thank you for tagging me! It's been fun!

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Divya.You guessed right. Nothing spectacular-just a few sketches of crocheted kids garments and accessories :)
Thank you for following!

Kate said...

You shared so much of yourself and you have the insight to know what makes you 'tick'. :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for reading Kate! Appreciate it!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

What a fun post! Your jewelry is so beautiful :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Ashley!

Anonymous said...

Not boring at all! Laughed when reading nr 4 and 16 :-)
Nr 19: I'm also a Leo!
Nr 20: So sad... I lost my mother when I was 30. I'll become 37 next month, I sometimes still pick up my phone to call her. So I know what you mean...
There's nothing to say that can comfort you, it's something we have to carry along, isn't it.
Take care,
Sigrid

Kim said...

What fun, corresponding by letter to all those people. There is something about receiving a hand written letter in the post. Court translator.....that would have been terribly interesting. Oooh.....Morocco, way up there on my bucket list. Such a fun post, Maya. Terribly interesting and fun.....not boring in the least.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thanks so much Sigrid! I feared people might be bored.
Sorry to hear about your mother. One never gets over it actually. I mean you are comforted after a time, you heal,accept the reality, move on, but your heart is never the same. Your heart is chipped by profound sadness and nothing can glue it back together. Thank you so much for your sweet comment...

Maya Kuzman said...

It was an immense happiness Kim. And excitement to open the mailbox and see the world opening up in front of your eyes inside. Discover new worlds and cultures... this has never stopped. I compensate for corresponding with my travels now.
Being a court translator is nit fun at all. I actually translate documents and certificates that have to be certified with a notary afterwards. Boring to death by pays the bills :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Pfff. So many typos. I am sorry Kim, but it's hard typing this from my phone. I cannot get the "reply" button to work on my blog so I reply through my phone.

handmade by amalia said...

It was wonderful learning more about you, Maya. We have many things in common, like love of language and writing and swimming and crafty grandmothers. Cannot abide horror films, though :-)
Amalia
xo

Mary K. said...

Maya it was so nice getting to know you a bit better. I had to laugh when you said you need to squash the adrenaline urge because you are a parent. May I ask what country you live in and what is your first language?

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Amalia! Ever since I found your blog I knew we share things in common-like love of travel and crafts :)
So glad about that!

Maya Kuzman said...

Hahah.I do squash it, otherwise they might follow suit :)
I am Macedonian by the way. Macedonian is my native language.