Wednesday, November 1, 2017

How to Read Crochet Charts - Crowns & Tiaras - free pattern






Hello and welcome to another chart reading post!

This time I found an interesting crochet chart and the pattern looks like the right fit for a scarf and maybe a throw, though personally I like denser patterns for a throw or a blanket.
I named it Crowns & Tiaras.

The Chart




The Pattern

{With desired yarn size and adequate hook} Ch 51

Row 1: sc1 in 3rd st from hook. Next, ch 2, sk 3, tr1 ch2 tr1 ch2, tr1 all in the 4th st, ch2, sk3 and sc in the next st. Repeat this pattern to the end of the row.



Row 2: ch1 turn work and sc1 in the chain space (ch sp) you made last.
Ch3 and sc in the next ch sp, ch 5 and sc in the next ch sp, ch 3 and sc in the last ch sp.  Sc in the 1st ch sp of the next fan and repeat the pattern in bold to the end.



Row 3: ch5 and dc8 in the center ch sp of the fan. Next, dc 8 in the next and so on to the end. To finish the row tr1 in the sc st you started the row below with.



Row 4: ch7 and sc in the 3rd dc, ch3, sk3 and sc in the next (3rd) st. Repeat the pattern to the last fan, where after you make the last 3-chain tr1. 

 
Row 5: ch4 and on the ch sp below, dc1 ch1 three times and sc in the center ch sp of the row below. In the big 7ch sp below ch1 dc1 three times, ch3 and dc1, ch 1 three times. Repeat this pattern to the end where you finish the row with a dc (instead of a 4 ch as you started it).


Next repeat these 5 rows. The next 6th should be
ch 1, sc1, ch7 and sc in the 8th ch. Repeat the pattern in bold to the end.




Personally, I would make certain changes in rows4 & 5 in particular t make those fans (gaps) smaller, otherwise I think it's OK.



Happy hooking!

More chart reading here.

7 comments:

Mia said...

Thank you so much for this interesting post, Maya! I really have to learn how to read crochet patterns and your post is soooo useful! Kisses, my friend.
And something else: If you want to participate to my birthday candy, please visit my blog again and leave a comment under the post "Birthday candy". Kisses!!!

Kate said...

This pattern would make cute boot cuffs. I struggle with charts to the point that I don't even consider trying one. However, I shall try out this pattern so that, hopefully, I can relate your written instructions to the chart. :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Mia!

Maya Kuzman said...

That is a fantastic idea Kate. The pattern would make great boot cuffs :)

Mary K. said...

Maya those photos look so pretty unfortunately for me I think I would need to have you sitting next to me to show me how to do it. But that does not stop me from admiring your beautiful craftsmanship.

annies home said...

what a beautiful pattern My grandmother would have loved it she was very talented in crotchet.
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dearest Mary!
I would very much love to!